New ebow competition

Discussion in 'Toys in the Attic' started by Chubbles, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

TC Electronics Aeon string sustainer. It's 69 bucks and has an aluminum housing (the ebow is plastic). Supposedly you can hold it further from the string.

tc-electronic-sort-son-ebow-40243.jpg

This kind of crap has a way of finding me. It will be available in May.

I've used an ebow, but thought the cost was too much for what it was. I may get this.

RVA, kevinpaul, Hackmaster and 3 others like this.
  2. Thatbastarddon

Thatbastarddon Ambastardon

I miss mine...got it as a gift...had it for many years. My drummer felt a need to walk through my music stand at a gig, and smashed it on to the floor kinda cracking it open a bit. It still worked, but it feels like it’s going to crumble when I try to change the battery.
    Thanks for sharing this. I may look in to getting one.
    Plus, it looks like the brushed aluminum may work as an improv slide.

kevinpaul, Session 5 and Chubbles like this.
  3. Chubbles

Chubbles Well-Known Member

It is aluminum. $69.00 is expensive for a slide, but it does look like it might hold up better than an ebow.

In the late 70s, the guitar magazines and catalogs didn't have as much. The two things I wanted was an ebow and a Dimarzio Super Distortion pu. I have the pickup but not the ebow. The ebow is a cheap piece of plastic. I'm going to try this. It's not versatile, but it's not that expensive.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. Tony M.

Tony M. Ambassador of Straight Talk

My e-bow was a gift too. I only use it
    in 2 songs but there is nothing like it.
    I will probably get one of these too.
    Thanks for posting it.

5. Session 5

Session 5 Ambassador of Strings & Wings

I am a fan of T.C Electronics.

kevinpaul likes this.
  6. Hackmaster

Hackmaster Ambassador of the Trifecta Magnetica Lifetime Member

Cool, always wanted an Ebow.

jjudas, Chubbles and kevinpaul like this.
  7. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Ambassador of Musical Medicine

Mine is under lock and key. I have app on my phone that does police lights and a siren. I let loose and I am always surprised by how many run because of outstanding warrants. Things calm down I say warrants don't find you, you walk right into the warrants. It's as close to screaming fire as I will ever get.

RVA, Chubbles and Session 5 like this.
  8. Thatbastarddon

Thatbastarddon Ambastardon

Alright... I pre-ordered one of these when this thread started. It arrived yesterday.
    So far, so good. It’s very like a single function e-bow...it doesn’t really do the upper harmonic mode like the e-bow. It does do a nice flute like sound with ease. Sweeps are there. It’s been comfortable to use. The brushed aluminum has a grippy coat, so no double duty as a slide...I guess I’ll have to stick with my e-cig, and/or mic stand boom for that.
    I haven’t had a lot of time with it yet, but it’s done what it’s supposed to so far.
    :cheers: