Ever screw in a Bigsby?

Discussion in 'Tinker's Table' started by kevinpaul, Jul 10, 2018.

1. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Ambassador of Musical Medicine

IMG_9130.JPG IMG_9131.JPG IMG_9130.JPG i bought some low price Bigsby copies for no good reason. I really hate them after having them on two guitars that I hated. I hate the word hate because it too strong and people that use it have no clue what true hate is. I put the first vibrate or tremolo on my Les Paul Junior, that a guitar I never liked. It went on way to easy, I used a laser diode to set the lines for the E strings on the fret board and nut. Drill, install strings and a bit of a set up.
    The damn thing works and a bone nut helps it stay in tune. I'm very proud of me for screwing in my first Bigsby ever. I have two more to go and one vintage Japanese tremolo.

jjudas, Mr Grumpy, Hackmaster and 2 others like this.
  2. eSGEe

eSGEe Ferengi Ambassador of Trade Administrator

Well done KP-- damn well done!

kevinpaul likes this.
  3. Hackmaster

Hackmaster Ambassador of the Trifecta Magnetica Lifetime Member

Two out of five of my Bigsbys are screwed down, one was factory installed.
    The other three cheat and use the Vibramate mount.

kevinpaul likes this.
  4. kevinpaul

These are on or going on less expensive guitars. My BB King Epiphone was in the $700.00 bucks area but I bought it used. I never play it and I never play my 1/2 Les Paul Junior. I put the tremolo on the 1/2 Paul and it is a guitar that I really like now. When the Bigsby flies off and ready hurts someone one I might go the Virbramate. The authorities see a pattern of people being killed by loose tremolos I will be investigated again.

jjudas and Hackmaster like this.
  5. kevinpaul

The gold one is on the BB King guitar. I have one black one that you saw above. I will have two silver or chrome Bigsby's to install. The happy red guitar probably and the last one on another piece of junk. Then I have two guitars to do and my amp to put together. That is what I did on my summer vacation.

6. gball

gball Ambassador of Boogie

Mmmm...hate is not necessarily too strong a word. I absolutely HATE Bigsby's. Only ever had one guitar that had one stock and I couldn't rip it off of the thing fast enough.

kevinpaul likes this.
  7. kevinpaul

Thank you for saying that very kind compliment

gball likes this.
  8. kevinpaul

I understand what you say and I agree. I would never put one on anything I really like or my favorite work guitars. These guitars are not for emotional support or played on stage. Kinda for a fun buy at the time or a project guitar.

9. eSGEe

eSGEe Ferengi Ambassador of Trade Administrator

Is this like screwing in a Chevy --- or a Datsun.....or a fun house ride cart?

kevinpaul likes this.
  10. kevinpaul

Just the same! Like two flies screwing in a light bulb.

eSGEe likes this.
  11. jjudas

jjudas Well-Known Member

Nice work! Bigsbys look real cool but I don't think I would ever use one. I never use my Strat or jagmaster tremolos. I guess it's the music I play. I don't know any songs that use a whammy bar. I need to learn some new tunes.

kevinpaul and eSGEe like this.
  12. kevinpaul

It might just be the Bigsby look. The tremolo on my Jazzmaster sticks and I started to use the one on my Strat as an octave change of sort. I never miss not having a tremolo when I play any guitar with out one.

13. kevinpaul

I know what everyone is thinking! I am very sorry I didn't say something earlie!
    YES I GAVE MY CAT BACK HIS LASER! He love to shine it at air plains and cop cars. A big black cat can get away with murder. I could tell you stories but you know the deal with capital crimes. I can never say a word about Max till after we have him put to sleep.

Thatbastarddon likes this.
  14. kevinpaul

IMG_9133.JPG IMG_9134.JPG IMG_9135.JPG I removed the tape and put that chain back on. Why? Max likes that sound.

Thatbastarddon likes this.